Moving day in and around Indianapolis, Indiana, is right around the corner. You’re starting to get really excited, anxious about the thought of what you still have to do and how little time you have to do it. Moving doesn’t have to be frightening. Here are a few simple guidelines to help you get ready for your upcoming move:
- Be Prepared: With the right mindset, getting your stuff organized before your move can actually be fun and worthwhile.
Use this as a chance to get rid of belongings you no longer need. Not only is this a chance at a fresh start in your new place, you could also make some money by selling clothes or kitchen appliances that are just taking up space.
- Seek Professional Help: Hiring expert movers to handle your moving is one important step, but even that process requires you to pay attention to details. It's often been said that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and when it comes to preparing for your move, that may even be miscalculating it.
- Organize: Nothing is more annoying than loading items into a box and then being unable to find them when you arrive at your new location. While it may be true that you'll always find something in the last place you look, you shouldn't be forced into looking in countless places before you can put your hands on an important item.
- Call Your Utility Companies: As soon as you have completed paperwork charting your move, call your utility companies to schedule service transfer and activation. Putting these items at the top of your list is vital for increasing the chances that you'll be able to receive service on the date you request.
- Cleaning Supplies: Pack your cleaning supplies separately. If you make the mistake of stuffing up your cleaning supplies with the rest of your possessions, that cleaning may become impossible. You might find yourself spending needlessly on new supplies just to try to keep up.
The professionals at Stuarts Moving and Storage, Inc. in Indianapolis, Indiana, can assist with all of the difficult challenges of your moving process. We can help you get organized, give you tips that are more detailed and do all the heavy lifting for you!